Sunday, December 2, 2018

Hasta cuando

Cuando La Luna es Nuevo y Llenado

…the birds are below us just so
I can see the possible flowers and I study the parentheses
Around your smile,
I am drunk on the plush of red
Cushions where I blush and you
Don’t yet know to expect I am lost a little
Biting lips and
Pressing into
Awkward questions all about
The first time I make you laugh so
Hard you feel it all over like wind
on your skin,
The first time I taste tears (yours, mine) and
Silence that tingles,
Discovering places to plant kisses
Or smell your soul,
Finding freckles and favorite
Patches of skin, like love notes
Yet unsung…
Like the moment when I force myself to
Keep going rather than stop
In front of you-
Each tiny regret pulsing
Because I didn’t know I could
Ask you to come out
To kiss me goodnight in the rain…
Or in half light
I see in your face that you are
Reading mine like

it’s the story of sacred thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment